Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester in Germany
Reutlingen, Germany (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2018||10/01/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||02/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2019||10/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be notified via email upon acceptance into this program.
|Areas of Study:||Art, Art History, Culture, German, Political Science, Religion/Theology||Housing Options:||On-Campus Housing|
|Language of Instruction:||English, German||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
Spend a semester in Germany, a country with a fascinating history and modern influence. Home of Beethoven, Bach, The Alps, Bavaria, and world renowned festivals, Germany is packed with longstanding traditions and plays a critical role in the European Economy.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Live in Reutlingen– a small dynamic city in the southwest part of Germany situated between the enchanting Black Forest and rolling hills of the Swabian Albs. While at Reutlingen University, you'll study the German language and take courses in English on topics such as history, art, and economics!
- Charming Germany - A walk downtown from campus takes you past picturesque neighborhoods and a great park for gathering with new friends! Checking out the cafes, bistros, and weekly market are a great ways to immerse yourself in German culture and live like a local.
- Focus on gaining academic credit – Tourses include German language (4 credits/required), and a choice of cultural studies (3 credits), economics (3 credits), art history (3 credits), theology (3 credits), history (3 credits), or political science (3 credits) to earn a maximum of 16 US credits.
Enjoy the changes of the season in Germany. In August the temperature is warm at about 70°F. Winter has a cooler climate that can be as low as 25°F
Activities for students in Germany will allow for discovery of Germany’s captivating history, architecture, and art scene. Take visits to museums, castles, and historical sites in Reutlingen, Stuttgart, and surrounding areas with your included one month German rail pass good for travel across the country.
- Germany is your classroom with excursions around the area that enhance coursework
- Great staff support and an orientation to show you the ropes in your new city
- World class public transportation makes exploring Europe easy
- A full cultural calendar with activities such as a soccer matches, local festivals, and wine tasting
- Soak in German culture and make friends from around the globe
- Campus is a short walk from the city center full of cute restaurants, shops, cafes, and more
- One to two weeks built in for independent travel