|Dates / Deadlines:|
The Israel Experience
May 17 - May 29, 2017
Application deadline: February 9
Commitment deadline: February 16
Good for: All undergraduate students*
The UCF Judaic Studies Program is pleased to offer one of its most popular courses as a study abroad opportunity, for students interested in supplementing their studies with a personal, first-hand experience in the land of Israel.
The course is designed to highlight the modern reality of the State of Israel – a twenty-first century high-tech nation on top of many centuries of history, stretching back to biblical times.
Participants will experience a thorough ten-day tour of the country, from the cutting-edge bustle and beaches of Tel Aviv, to the hills of northern Galilee, to the Judean Desert, to the Temple Mount and multiple historical sites of Jerusalem. The tour will include the Israel Museum, the Shrine of the Book (housing the Dead Sea Scrolls), and Yad Vashem (the Holocaust museum). Another highlight will involve an overnight stay at a traditional Bedouin village.
Students will register for: JST 3820 Modern Israeli Culture – for three semester hours of credit. The program is open to all undergraduate students, and no prerequisite is required.
- Develop a personal knowledge and understanding of the historical and geopolitical realities shaping the state of Israel today and its relations with other states in the region.
- Understand the assorted elements of Israeli culture that have made its technological "miracle" possible.
- Recognize how "cross-pollination" in Israel works, to integrate education, the military, and business and technology needs toward comprehensive strategies fostering success in the international marketplace.
- ?Grasp the many academic/ scholarly issues raised with regard to Israel's "start-up" culture, as it faces new challenges and opportunities (socially and politically) in the twenty-first century
To be posted soon.
Pricing (Based upon a minimum number of students being recruited):Program fee: $2,050 (subject to amendment)
For details on what the program fee includes please see the Budget Sheet.
Payment 1: $1,000
Payment 2: $1,050
The following services are included as part of the program fee:
- Double occupancy in local hotel
- All excursions
- Airport transportation
- Local ground transportation
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- UCF Abroad administrative fee ($350)
Deadline to apply is 02/01/2017
Deadline to commit to the program is 02/11/2017
Program Leader: Dr. Kenneth Hanson
Program Leader Email: email@example.com