Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Japan
Tokyo, Japan (Outgoing Program)
|Program Sponsor:||Center for International Studies|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, English, History, Japanese||Housing Options:||On-Campus Housing|
|Language of Instruction:||English, Japanese||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
Study in Tokyo, the world’s most populous greater metropolitan area, and one of the most influential cities in the global economy. Life in Tokyo is fast paced, vibrant, and steeped in Japanese culture. The sights, smells, boutiques, and food stalls in Shinjuku station, the world’s busiest train station only a short walk from Seisen University, will keep you busy for weeks and it is just one small piece of amazing Tokyo.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Hilltop Campus - Set in the bustling city of Tokyo, Seisen’s hilltop campus is a welcome retreat from the hectic pace of the city. The University sits on the grounds of a former Samurai Family’s Mansion, in a park-like setting, just a short distance from the world famous Tokyo neighborhoods of Harajuku and Shibuya.
- International Welcome - Seisen offers many clubs and all of the services and amenities you would expect at a liberal arts school in the United States. With an internationally focused curriculum, the students at Seisen are warm, welcoming, and eager to learn from International students. Students will have the chance to learn Japanese language, history, and culture first-hand.
- La Vida Local - There are cultural encounters abound when living in Tokyo. From riding on the packed (yet silent) subway, to heading out to sample Japanese cuisine at Izakaya (inexpensive Japanese diners), your days will be filled with Japanese cultural experiences! Your program will take you to temples, shrines, parks, gardens, museums, and famous places to show you the best of the city. You may find that your greatest cultural learning will come from your day to day life where you will discover your own Tokyo, and come to understand how unique and special the city is.
Seisen University, originally founded in 1935, is accredited by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. During your time at Seisen University, our summer program offers two, four, and six week sessions. You can find a session that fits with your study abroad schedule.
If you've ever wanted to study abroad in Japan, then check out our Summer in Japan summer study abroad program! Here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Study in the very heart of Tokyo, the capital of Japan and the world’s most populous city
- You will feel well supported with Seisen’s small population and communal feel
- Meet Japanese students and attend special lectures
- Learn one of the world’s top in-demand languages
- Visit ancient shrines and temples
- Get to know Japanese cuisine beyond sushi!