Short-term Program Proposal
Thank you for your interest in leading a study abroad program during the 2019 spring or summer semester. We are appreciative of your dedication to the intercultural development of UCF students and furthering the goals of comprehensive internationalization at UCF. Please see below for deadlines and the required documents needed to submit a proposal for a short-term study abroad program. Please contact UCF Abroad with any questions.
There are two proposal options:
Faculty-led - New Proposal
Faculty-led - Renewal
Deadlines for Proposal Submission:
Fall 2019: December 15, 2018
Spring 2020: April 23, 2019
Summer 2020: April 23, 2019
The following (4) documents will be required for a complete proposal submission. All documents can be sent to email@example.com or dropped off in Suite 115 in the UCF Global building.
Please note: if you will not be traveling with the short-term program you are proposing or renewing, contact UCF Abroad for an alternate form.
- Faculty-led Short Term Proposal: For new proposals, please be sure to complete the program description with a student audience in mind, as this description will be the basis for the online program page. Completed proposal form must include the Chair and Dean signatures.
- Study Abroad Appointments Form: Completed compensation appointments form is required including the Chair and Dean Signatures. Programs that intend to have two leaders should include both leaders on one form. The second page of this form does not apply to 12-month employees.
- Course Scheduling Form: Completed course scheduling form for each course offered as part of the program, including the Chair’s signature.
- Syllabus or Detailed Course Description: A syllabus or detailed course description is required for each course you are offering as part of the program.
For any program previously run but is being proposed with a significant change, such as a different program leader, country, course, or has not been offered within the past two years (2018 or 2019), a new proposal must be submitted.
Program Development Process
- Meet with UCF Abroad about your intended proposal. Please contact Oliver.McSurley@ucf.edu to initiate a meeting.
- Submit all proposal documents to UCF Abroad via email or in person.
- The Study Abroad Review Committee will review all new proposals. UCF Abroad will review all renewals.
- Faculty Leaders will be notified of the committee’s decision, including requests for additional information or changes.
- For new programs, Faculty Leaders will work with UCF Abroad guidance to obtain quotes from appropriate study abroad providers (if applicable).
- UCF Abroad will develop a budget and online program page with input from the program leader.
- Upon finalizing the budget and program page, the program will begin taking student applications.