Elementary School Experience
Castilla & Leon Regions, Spain
Fall 2018: 2 September- 18 November (subject to amendment)
As part of the College of Education’s internationalization initiative, this program has been designed for those undergraduate and graduate students interested in bilingual education at UCF.
This program will provide field experience for students working in Spanish bilingual elementary schools for ten to twelve weeks in the Castilla and Leon Region of Spain. The students will be working with Spanish teachers supporting English instruction in the assigned schools.
Participants in the Bilingual Teaching Experience in Spain are expected to:
- Enrich the learning opportunities of students in bilingual schools in Spain
- Engage and collaborate with local school and community members
- Uphold professional and personal standards that will contribute to the education of Spanish students
- Contribute to the mutual understanding between peoples of the US and Spain
Students will register for either EDG 4954 – International Education: Field Experiences or EDG 6775: Exploring Global Educational Issues in International Contexts or another UCF course approved by the program leader.
Students must be a native English speaker. Knowledge of the Spanish language is desirable but not required. Elementary, Early Childhood Education, or ESOL Majors/Minors/Certificates are preferred, though all majors with the appropriate experience will be considered.
For more information, please click here: http://education.ucf.edu/spain
Please note that program dates are the approximate travel dates.
- EDG 4954: International Education: Field Experiences (3 credits)
- EDG 6775: Exploring Global Educational Issues in International Contexts (3 credits)
Program fee: $150
For details on what the program fee includes please see program Budget Sheet
Deadline to apply is: 12 July 2017
Please see Education's website for additional details: http://education.ucf.edu/spain
Deadline to commit to the program is: TBD
Program Leader: Dr. Karen Biraimah
Program Leader email: email@example.com
Students may also contact Lindsay Archambault at firstname.lastname@example.org