Programs > Brochure
Business- Global Advantage Bootcamp
San Jose, Costa Rica; San Jose, Costa Rica (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||UCF applicants only|
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Areas of Study:||Business||Housing Options:||Hotel|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Visa Required:||Yes||Minimum Number of Credit Hours:||01|
The UCF College of Business Administration has developed a unique Global Advantage Program (GAP) Boot Camp to inspire students to think about a global career.
Our GAP Boot Camp will include:
- Morning workshops on acquiring the skills needed to succeed in the global economy.
- Collaborative work to develop your global mindset for working globally.
- Global Competency Assessment to gauge your level of global skills.
- Afternoon site visits at local companies and guest speakers who will give advice on working internationally, including Café Britt, ICAFE (Instituto Nacional del Café), and other local coffee producers
- Cultural activities in the evening to introduce you to the intercultural benefits of studying abroad, such as cooking classes, city tours, museums.
Program Structure:The goal of the Global Advantage Program is to develop your global mindset and add an international element to your studies and future career. All participants must enroll in the 1-credit UCF Course GEB 2955 and pay associated tuition to be a part of the program. You should meet with Holly Bouma, the Associate Director of International Programs at the College of Business, to discuss the program and UCF credit: email@example.com
Program Cost$1,675 PLUS UCF tuition for 1 credit GEB 2955 course. All participants must enroll in this course and pay associated tuition to be a part of the program. Please note, if the program minimum of 15 enrolled students is NOT met, the program price could be higher per person.
- Group airport pick-up and drop-off at San José / Juan Santamaría International Airport (SJO)
- On-site orientation
- Group welcome and farewell dinners
- Student housing in shared rooms at a hotel in San José. Breakfast will be included at the hotel each day.
- Academic Visits and Guest Lectures
- Cultural Activities
- UCF’s Travel Accident & Sickness Policy
- International Airfare
- Any applicable entry/exit fees or visas
- Individual transportation within the host city (taxis, buses)
- Personal spending money (activities, toiletries, snacks, etc.)
- UCF student
- Must be in good standing (academic, conduct and financial) with UCF
Program Advisor: Holly Bouma
Program Advisor email: firstname.lastname@example.org