Internships in Dublin, Ireland
Study + Internship Program in London, UK
The Office of Experiential Learning, in collaboration with UCF Abroad, provides an option for students interested in obtaining practical knowledge and experience outside the USA through an 8-week internship in Dublin, Ireland and London, UK for credit at UCF. These opportunities are offered in collaboration with the Foundation for International Education (FIE). For more general information, please visit their website https://www.fie.org.uk/
These internships are an excellent opportunity for participants to gain real-life experience within intended career fields while learning and developing the skills needed to become successful professionals. The internship abroad brings new cultures and places to the student’s experience and provides the opportunity to develop new skills of cross-cultural communication and adaptation.
Prospective students will receive an internship based upon an evaluation of skills, interests, and professional goals with a company in Ireland. Students will be offered internships which directly reflect or relate to their own course of study to ensure personal and academic relevance. Internships are available in:
- Accountancy & Finance
- Business & Economics
- Historical & Cultural Organizations
- Information Technology & Multimedia
- Journalism & Media
- Legal & Justice Organizations
- Public Relations & Marketing
- Sports Management
UCF students have two options to select from:
- Dublin Summer Internship Program (https://www.fie.org.uk/programs/by-location/dublin/dublin-summer-program)
- London Summer Study + Internships Program (https://www.fie.org.uk/programs/by-location/london/study-internship)
Participants in these programs will register for a 3 credit hour internship course at UCF. The specific course work will be administered through UCF Experiential Learning, unless your college or department requires direct supervision of your program. Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 to participate in this program. This program is for junior and senior level students.
Students must submit a resume and statement of interest in order to be considered for this program. The statement should include why you want to participate in an internship in Ireland and what you hope to get out of the experience. Please send both documents as Word attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will be evaluated through a combination of hands-on experiential learning with the company and through assignments covering skills development, cultural experiences, reflection and a project. While in Ireland, students will be interning approximately 32 hours per week and will live in shared student apartments in the Dublin area.
- Acquire an international and global perspective on the individual’s own career choice.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Irish culture and society as preparation to becoming a globally minded professional.
- Apply theory learned in other courses in a major-related internship and develop real-life skills and competencies needed to become a successful professional through experiential learning.
- Obtain and demonstrate advanced cross-cultural adaptation and communication skills.
- Compare and contrast the life/work experience in the USA and Ireland
(subject to amendment):
Dublin Program fee
***UCF students receiving an automaitc $1,000 "partner scholarship" bringing the program fee to $5,795
Dates: May 30- July 27, 2019
London Summer Study + Internship Program
Summer I Dates: May 23-July 21, 2019
Summer II Dates: June 20-August 18, 2019
Program Fee: $11,430
***UCF students receiving an automatic $750 "partner scholarship" bringing the program fee to $10,680
Please note: This is a partner program so all program fees are paid directly to FIE, with the exception of the $350 UCF Study Abroad Fee. Please review the withdraw policy below:
FIE Withdrawal Policy
To withdraw from an FIE program, the student must notify FIE in writing. Refunds will be issued as follows:
• If a student withdraws 31 days or more prior to the first day of the program, a refund of 100% of the total program cost minus a cancellation fee of $500 will be issued.
• If a student withdraws 30 days or less prior to the first day of the program, a refund of 10% of the total program cost minus a cancellation fee of $500 will be issued
• If a student withdraws on or after the first day of the program, no refund will be issued.
Typical Program Inclusions:
- Internships sourcing and final placement (8 weeks, plus 3 day orientation)
- Airport pickup
- On-site orientation
- Internship supervision
- Self-catered apartment-style housing (twin share)
- Internship related transport costs
- UCF Study Abroad Administrative Fee ($350, covering international medical insurance)
- Transatlantic airfare
- Passport and any required visa fees
- Optional excursions
- Personal expenses
- Independent travel and expenses
- UCF Abroad Administrative fee $350 (this will be billed directly to the student account)
**Early application is recommended for best placement opportunities.
Deadline to apply is 02/01/2019
Deadline to commit to the program is 02/11/2019
Contact Oliver McSurley, Assistant Director for Study Abroad, at email@example.com